New Kawasaki 2 stroke?

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

New Kawasaki 2 stroke?

Postby scouse » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 am

Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Re: New Kawasaki 2 stroke?

Postby doodah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:09 am

That's the most interesting battery charger I have heard of. Hopefully they will develop a version that is attached to a gearbox.
(if they can get it to work properly and it doesn't go the same way as Bimota's V-Due motor)
doodah

Postby Craig T » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:01 am

doodah wrote:That's the most interesting battery charger I have heard of. Hopefully they will develop a version that is attached to a gearbox.

Or , to keep the engine running at its' most efficient speed, to a a fully variable speed drive .
Might be a future for the old DAF Variomatic yet ! :lol:
Craig T
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm

It looks more like a 4 stroke design opening both inlet and exhaust valve just before BDC and 'blowing' all the exhaust/spent gas out (with the supercharger) before closing the valves just after BDC for the compression stroke, hence '2 stroke' by name, but not nature
Tilly H2C
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm

The Variomatic design is not dead, it's still being used on some of these "Twist n go" Scooters the youngsters (and some Oldsters) buzz around on..
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby Craig T » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Wolfie wrote:The Variomatic design is not dead, it's still being used on some of these "Twist n go" Scooters the youngsters (and some Oldsters) buzz around on..
Indeed, it's never really gone away.
Takes me back to my Mobylette and its' 'swinging' engine.......ahhhhhhh those were the days :)
Craig T
Expert

Postby Rickm » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:54 am

Tilly H2C wrote:It looks more like a 4 stroke design opening both inlet and exhaust valve just before BDC and 'blowing' all the exhaust/spent gas out (with the supercharger) before closing the valves just after BDC for the compression stroke, hence '2 stroke' by name, but not nature

I know what you're saying, but it's a 2-stroke by definition regardless of whether it's got valves (and a supercharger) rather than piston ports?
S3 400, H2 750 project, Z1000J ELR US style
Rickm

Postby doodah » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:28 pm

Didn't those DAFs do the same speed in reverse as forward ?
doodah

Postby Tilly H2C » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:20 pm

Rickm wrote:
Tilly H2C wrote:It looks more like a 4 stroke design opening both inlet and exhaust valve just before BDC and 'blowing' all the exhaust/spent gas out (with the supercharger) before closing the valves just after BDC for the compression stroke, hence '2 stroke' by name, but not nature

I know what you're saying, but it's a 2-stroke by definition regardless of whether it's got valves (and a supercharger) rather than piston ports?

Yeah, I know what you mean, that was why I said '2 stroke by name, but not by nature' It is a two stroke,but not as we know it :)
Tilly H2C
Expert

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.