the dreaded coronavirus subject

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

the dreaded coronavirus subject

Postby Kezsam1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:45 pm

well this is a very strange set of affairs isn't it.

I know lots of people that aren't taking it to seriously but i thought id just give my views on it.

I know the question has been asked on Facebook about the NW rally and I know that is still a way off and too early to call, But from my point of view if things have not improved then I will not attend , and it will be the first time in 7 or 8 years :cry: .

My reasoning is this , I could well have it and not know , and i would HATE the thought of passing something on to a few of the old duffers in the club like Ray and and Roy and others and make them very ill.

Also at the moment I don't know how work is going to pan out , being self employed we make our own choices , but if kitchen deliveries stop then we stop :?

I have a track day booked in April, and at the moment it has not been cancelled, but again I wont go , If i have an accident and need medical help ,it is unfair on those that may need it more at this time.

I know people have massively varying views on it, and it is very difficult to know what to do for the best.

Stay safe everyone,

I will know get me popcorn :lol:
Orville lives!!!.................now and then
Kezsam1
Expert

Re: the dreaded coronavirus subject

Postby malc87 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:36 pm

I cancelled my hotel for the NW rally this afternoon.
As Julie has M.S. she has low immunity as does my Grandson Callum due to the cerebal palsy in his legs.
This puts both of them in the governments "high risk"catagory and as the current advice is for them to be housebound for 12 weeks Im guessing the virus is not going to go away.
Certainly the current views on the news etc is its here for a very long time.
Difficult times ahead.
malc87
Expert

Postby robh1f » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Guess we won't be going to the US in October :evil: :evil: I think this is gonna be with us for a long time to come. Sooo pleased we aren't living in London anymore. We've got the North Sea at the end of the road so that's a barrier in itself Fingers xed everyone on here stays safe and we all come thru it fighting fit Thumbs Up
robh1f
Expert

Postby TallyB » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Should be in Dublin tonight watching The Who on stage but that isn't happening. Hotel room booked that I cant cancel so am out of pocket to the tune of £124. Not a big amount of money but still more than half of my weekly wage. Totally understand people cancelling during these uncertain times.
There is no such thing as bad drink, just some better than others.
TallyB
Expert

Postby oldman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Sorry to hear of your position malc all the best to you and family
oldman
Expert

Postby malc87 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:39 pm

Thanks Ray. :D
malc87
Expert

Postby Wessiedave » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:59 pm

I must admit although I want to go to Blackpool I can't see it happening :(
Wessiedave
Expert

Postby scouse » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Well as of today Wednesday 18th March I'm still gainfully employed
We got a memo from our MD saying nothing to worry about, keep calm and carry on
Just in case you don't know I'm a Drayman for a wholesalers (HB Clark)
Normally Thursday is quite busy for me. But tomorrow I'm kicking my heals.
Several pubs have closed their doors and we are quite quiet
I think it's only a matter of time before we get laid off.
Lucky in my job 90% of the time we wear gloves and we have all been given hand sanitiser for our vehicles .
Stay safe everyone
I never thought I would be saying this but I don't care about football, I don't care about bike rallies, I just want all my freinds to get through the other side.
We'll then all have a massive party
Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby TallyB » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:01 pm

I never thought I would be saying this but I don't care about football, I don't care about bike rallies, I just want all my freinds to get through the other side.
We'll then all have a massive party
Gary T[/quote]

Need you in work for that Gary. :D :D
There is no such thing as bad drink, just some better than others.
TallyB
Expert

Postby Nigel S » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Was sent home from Offshore Denmark last Saturday morning.
Luckily still on full pay. Confined to the garage working on the new special.

Agree with Gary T need a mahoosive party once this blows through.
Ever started something you wish you had'nt.
Nigel S
Expert

Postby Craig T » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 pm

Sorry to hear that Malc...must be especially worrying times for you.
Makes you wonder if it will ever end until they get a vaccine....or we all get it and develop the so called "Herd immunity".

Even after this latest episode dies down there will still be a hell of a lot of people on the planet who didn't get it ,probably (and hopefully) the overwhelming majority, so the chances of another flair up must be huge..

They reckon the recent outbreak came from bats infecting meat/animals in China. Bats are known to harbour Ebola , HIV and rabies in addition to loads of flue like viruses including an estimated 3200 strains of Coronavirus !
This article
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/diseas ... s-hunters/
makes sober reading....
Stay safe.
Craig T
Expert

Postby scouse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:07 am

Craig T wrote:Sorry to hear that Malc...must be especially worrying times for you.
Makes you wonder if it will ever end until they get a vaccine....or we all get it and develop the so called "Herd immunity".

Even after this latest episode dies down there will still be a hell of a lot of people on the planet who didn't get it ,probably (and hopefully) the overwhelming majority, so the chances of another flair up must be huge..

They reckon the recent outbreak came from bats infecting meat/animals in China. Bats are known to harbour Ebola , HIV and rabies in addition to loads of flue like viruses including an estimated 3200 strains of Coronavirus !
This article
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/diseas ... s-hunters/
makes sober reading....
Stay safe.

Some bat facts for you
In Britain our smallest bat the pipistrelle will eat 3,000 midges on one night while out hunting.
They are mammals and only have one baby a year
They don't chew wires or cause any major damage
A bat is more closely related to humans than mice
Just don't eat them

Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby scouse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:10 am

On another note China seems to be through the worst of it
That's 4 months
So we could be talking July for the UK :shock:

Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby Wessiedave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:33 am

I'm going for herd immunity, once this thing plateaus I suspect only the vulnerable will be self isolating , we'll get back to living, maybe.
Wessiedave
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:37 am

Even Italy has recorded reduced infections in the last few days, but their Death rate is up..

I just called at Asda, only need some coffee and Jane hit on the idea of coffee mate too since there's no long life milk... Usually at 7 am there might be a dozen or so cars in the car park... today, it's fkin heaving, people with baskets piled high, shelves empty, queues right across the store.. I didn't even go past the door.

This joke is starting to wear thin, THIS is the worrying part, not the Corona virus..

If this carries on until food and things DO run out, then your friend next door becomes your enemy when he can;t feed his kids.. Even that nice Grandma down the street would knife you for a loaf of bread.. Serious shit.

And... there are no Police..
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby Wessiedave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:45 am

Sainsbury's the same, no toilet roll or handgel
:?
Wessiedave
Expert

Postby Olde Coney » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:24 am

I simply don't understand why people don't/won't listen to the advice that is/has been given... "there is plenty for all if we act responsibly and only buy what we need

With regard to the forthcoming rally I'm 'keeping my powder dry', I'll wait and see what happens over the next couple of weeks, my ferry is booked so is my hotel.

I also have underlying conditions which I simply must consider (Type 2 Diabetes, plus I'm a cancer recovery patient my age (approaching 70) is a further consideration.... I want to attend the rally but common sense must prevail
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young.
Olde Coney
Expert

Postby Craig T » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:22 am

Wessiedave wrote:I'm going for herd immunity, once this thing plateaus I suspect only the vulnerable will be self isolating , we'll get back to living, maybe.

Total agree. Isolate all the vulnerable and pour all the resources into protecting them. With the current £330 Bilion budget that would fund a pretty impressive support scheme !.
Then let everyone else get the bug and carry on. Yes there will be some deaths but probably no more than die of flu every year anyway....currently averaging around 17,000 in the UK. In a few weeks it would all be over and the bulk of the population would have immunity thereby vastly reducing the risk of a reoccurrence.

As for stock-piling, we need to urgently develop a blame and shame culture. Scowl at anyone with multiple purchases or trollies pilled high. Maybe employ the millions of school kids who will now be roaming the streets to hang around supermarkets and shame the adults.
If it continues as it is I can see it turning nasty.
Craig T
Expert

Postby scouse » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:52 am

Craig T wrote:
Wessiedave wrote:I'm going for herd immunity, once this thing plateaus I suspect only the vulnerable will be self isolating , we'll get back to living, maybe.

Total agree. Isolate all the vulnerable and pour all the resources into protecting them. With the current £330 Bilion budget that would fund a pretty impressive support scheme !.
Then let everyone else get the bug and carry on. Yes there will be some deaths but probably no more than die of flu every year anyway....currently averaging around 17,000 in the UK. In a few weeks it would all be over and the bulk of the population would have immunity thereby vastly reducing the risk of a reoccurrence.

As for stock-piling, we need to urgently develop a blame and shame culture. Scowl at anyone with multiple purchases or trollies pilled high. Maybe employ the millions of school kids who will now be roaming the streets to hang around supermarkets and shame the adults.
If it continues as it is I can see it turning nasty.

I think a few weeks is an underestimate, I would say 2 months
Speaking in our office at work today we know someone who knows someone who had it in November (because of his line of work he was tested ) so it's been in the UK for a while

Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby Kawaclive » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:15 pm

All the panic buyers round my way have now cleared the shops out but by driving from shop to shop they have used all their fuel and are now queuing for fuel as some of the pumps.
Crazy
Kawaclive
Expert

Postby Wessiedave » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:41 pm

We bought 4 toilet rolls and 4 cans of beans, we'll survive.
Wessiedave
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:34 pm

Janey bought me some coffee from our local village shop bless her little cotton socks.. So I'll survive too..

She did say that there were no toilet rolls there either.. What is it about toilet rolls? I don't think Covid gives you the shits does it?
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Next

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.