help please registration

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

help please registration

Postby moodz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 am

Hi

just finished my HID 1973 purchased from Direct bike imports Worcs Canadian import with Nova

I sent off to the DVLA with my £55 quid to get it registered along with nova etc
but they have sent it all back saying I need proof of dating or though I did send original Canadian registration slip with all the bike details including date OF 1ST reg in Canada.

can I get proof of manufacturing date from this club I see it appears on the DVLA list of approved clubs

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moodz

Re: help please registration

Postby 30yrs-on » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:52 am

You need to message Rick Brett for a dating certificate
30yrs-on
Expert

Postby moodz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:28 am

thank you Thumbs Up
moodz

Postby moodz » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:37 pm

not much luck with that
email address bounces back email not excepted copied and pasted from here and private messages keeps freezing and wont take pics even when reduced sizing .

:oops:
moodz

Postby scouse » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:13 pm

I have just messaged Rick on Facebook
Hopefully he'll be on here soon
Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby KEVMACH4 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Same happened to me, all the papers sent , shipping, customs, bike title, nova , I thought it was all there, BUT NO, there must be a bunch of are younger generation sorting it all out, in between playing on there phones , makes my blood boil,
kevmach4
KEVMACH4
Expert

Postby El Presidente » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi

Apologies but Most of my computers are still blocking this website :evil: :evil:

Email me at : H2Rik@aol.com

or

text me and send me an email address ? : 0 7 9 7 0 1 2 0 0 0 0

Cheers

Rick
. . . . . . I'm heading for 60 . . . . . going on 18!
El Presidente
Expert

Postby moodz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 am

I have to complete a letter of explanation because the US v5 slip I have is a copy

any body had any experience of writing one of these successfully

moodz

Postby Hogie » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:51 pm

I just wrote a letter that explained I bought the bikes in Canada and the seller could not locate the titles but had provided a bill of sale at the time of purchase which he provided by email. Attached that to the form, my proof of ID and one of Ricks dating certs. DVLA Processed the first bike after inspection but still awaiting the second. There really does seem to be no logic to the process!
No smoke, is no joke !!
Hogie
Expert

help please registration

Postby phil.w » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:28 am

just done my h1b all forms and certificates ,was sent back to me because I did not say that I never had the usa title but had sent Kawasaki uk dating certificate, 3 phone calls and a inspection of the bike and 10 weeks later the v5 turd up, I think even thou no mot is needed now it a good idea to have one done so they can see the bike numbers match and the bike is road worthy, think this may stop the inspections :smt102 phil
phil.w
Expert

Postby petearis » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:06 pm

I've never had a problem. I always include a covering letter something like this .....

Please find the enclosed documents and photographs required to obtain an age related registration for my 1989 Suzuki RGV250 motorcycle, which was imported from Japan by DK Motorcycles Limited, Newcastle-Under-Lyme, ST59JJ. I bought the bike from DK Motorcycles on May 5th 2018.
• A completed DVLA V55/5 document.
• A cheque for £97 as payment for the First Registration of £55 and 12 months Vehicle Excise Duty (road tax) £42.
• An HMRC NOVA submission document provided by DK Motorcycles.
• A dating letter from the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club)
• Photographs showing the bike including the engine and frame numbers
• An MOT certificate
• A scanned copy of my Driving Licence and a Council Tax Demand Notice for 2018/2019 – as proof of my name and address
The bike is currently insured on the frame number (i.e. VJ21A-120713) by Peter James Insurance, Oldbury, B68 0PJ

or this ......

Please find the enclosed documents and photographs required to obtain an age related registration for my 1971 Kawasaki H1A 500 motorcycle, which was imported from the USA by the previous owner - Mr Richard Michael Brett. I bought the bike from Mr Brett in December 2016. I am assured that the bike is recorded on the HMRC NOVA database.
• A completed DVLA V55/5 document.
• A cheque for £55 as payment for the First Registration.
• The original American State of Michigan ‘Certificate of Title’ with the Export Approved date stamp of September 21st 2016.
• Photographs showing the bike, including the engine and frame numbers
• A scanned copy of my Driving Licence and a Council Tax Demand Notice for 2019-2020 as proof of my name and address.
The bike is currently insured on the frame number (i.e. KAF44197) by Peter James Insurance, Oldbury, B68 0PJ.

Hope this helps

Pete
petearis
Expert

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.