Starter Roller

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

Starter Roller

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Does anybody have a battery or electric starter roller to sell please or where to get one at a reasonable price. :?:
Eric
Expert

Re: Starter Roller

Postby oldman » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:18 pm

I was looking for one but they are around £800 I bought the plans to make one but don,t know if i will get around to it
oldman
Expert

Postby Eric » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:22 pm

I have seen one for £495 + £40 postage Ray
Eric
Expert

Postby Kawaclive » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi Eric
You need to decide what is the highest compression and biggest engine you are going to start before you buy.
I have a Solo one which starts 4 cylinder four strokes including a 13.5 to 1 compression one but would not work on a large capacity methanol Triumph engined bike as it could not turn it over the initial compression.
You also need to chose a good quality battery with a high cranking capacity.
Kawaclive
Expert

Postby robh1f » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:41 pm

You ain't going nowhere without that throttle tube amigo :lol: :lol: :lol: ....................pretty sure I have a spare Thumbs Up
robh1f
Expert

Postby Biggles » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi Eric, not sure this'll be helpful but....I used to have big issues starting my H2B after storage and decided to make a roller starter....Well I made a prototype of it, and it turned the bike over beautifully when in neutral, but the wet clutch on these bikes is so 'sticky' when cold that in 2nd/3rd gear with clutch in the bike was still 'in gear' so to speak and the starter needed huge torque to get it to start revolving from stationary....in fact it simply wouldn't do it. Crashing it into gear when spinning (bit like bump starting) was not good as you can only select 1st.... All in all it prompted me to do what I should have done in the first place and set the bike up really well. It now starts on 10th kick after long layup and first/second kick with regular weekly use. Kickstart still best way for me....As I say, may not be that helpful but I spend a long time on it....see pic....
Cheers Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Biggles

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.