DK Motorcycle spares warning

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

DK Motorcycle spares warning

Postby stevie747 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:44 pm

Just a heads-up on a recent problem in buying a part from 'twowheelspares' via ebay. They sent the wrong part and didn't reply to my question, via the returns action on ebay, on whether the part that I paid for is still available.

I ended up ringing them and couldn't get through to their ebay dept but spoke to someone in the parts dept who basically said: 'we employ parts 'pickers' who don't have any experience in bikes and have to rely on a small photo that was the one posted on the ebay ad and sometimes send out the wrong part if it looks similar, it's possible your part may have been sent out to some else'.

I asked him why they hadn't replied to my question via ebay on whether the part was still available and he said that they were probably still looking for it and will reply tomorrow, which was three days ago.... They just seem happy for me to return it, at my cost, for a refund.

So just be careful if you think you might have blagged some gold from these guys only to be sent some shite by a ....... on minimum wage... :wink:
One wheel is enough...
stevie747
Expert

Re: DK Motorcycle spares warning

Postby Kawaclive » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:58 pm

I rang them a while back to see if they had a certain part. They said look on eBay which I had already told the person I had so I asked for Pete who knows a lot about triple parts, but they said he no longer answers phone calls and would not put me through so they lost a potential sale. They also said just keep checking their eBay site to see if it gets listed.....
It’s a shame as it used to be a good business to deal with.
Kawaclive
Expert

Postby malc87 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Email Pete and he will answer Thumbs Up
malc87
Expert

Postby Southside Johnny » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 pm

They to bloody dear anyway, stupid prices for what is mostly shite.
Southside Johnny
Expert

Postby stevie747 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:30 am

malc87 wrote:Email Pete and he will answer Thumbs Up

Where can I find his addy?
One wheel is enough...
stevie747
Expert

Postby malc87 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 am

Steve,
I have it here but I guess i better check with Pete its ok to give it out Thumbs Up
malc87
Expert

Postby oldman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:20 pm

Tried to buy a part turns out i am black listed but will not tell me why
oldman
Expert

Postby kas750 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

oldman wrote:Tried to buy a part turns out i am black listed but will not tell me why

Had you been shouting through their letterbox on a Sunday morning?
kas750
Expert

Postby Kezsam1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 pm

kas750 wrote:
oldman wrote:Tried to buy a part turns out i am black listed but will not tell me why

Had you been shouting through their letterbox on a Sunday morning?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Orville lives!!!.................now and then
Kezsam1
Expert

Postby Treeman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:32 pm

I had a similar problem whith them after they sent me a cylinder head with a broken plug stuck in it (not the one in the ebay picture). I contacted them and said it was not the part advertised and they said they would look into it. About a week went past and I reminded them and they then sent me a new head (probably the one in the advert) and did n't ask for the old one back. Maybe I was just lucky - but keep on pestering them!
Thats not heavenly two stroke smoke crossing the skys...thats the government contracted aircraft 'secretly' spraying us all with Chemtrails...look into it before its toooooo late!
Treeman
Expert

Postby stevie747 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:20 pm

malc87 wrote:Steve,
I have it here but I guess i better check with Pete its ok to give it out Thumbs Up

That looks like a 'no' then :lol:

Not being in the 'inner sanctum' deffo proves the saying, 'it's not what you know...' in terms of sourcing parts to restore these things, shame it's not a more level playing field :(
One wheel is enough...
stevie747
Expert

Postby malc87 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Pete only replied this afternoon. Thumbs Up
Its fine to email him :D
peter@dkspares.co.uk

This was his repley

Hi Malc,
Hope you are well
As regards the email of course you or anyone can contact me.
The calls are generally fielded by Craig or Heather , But if someone asks for me it isn't an issue,
I am sorry some of your forum have had problems, It's the first I have heard of it.
Nice to hear from you, Hope to speak soon.
Pete
malc87
Expert

Postby stevie747 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

malc87 wrote:Pete only replied this afternoon. Thumbs Up
peter@dkspares.co.uk

This was his repley

Hi Malc,
Hope you are well
The calls are generally fielded by Craig or Heather , But if someone asks for me it isn't an issue,
I am sorry some of your forum have had problems, It's the first I have heard of it.
Pete

Nice one bud Thumbs Up
One wheel is enough...
stevie747
Expert

Postby petearis » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:47 pm

stevie747 wrote:
malc87 wrote:Pete only replied this afternoon. Thumbs Up
peter@dkspares.co.uk

This was his repley

Hi Malc,
Hope you are well
Pete

Nice one bud Thumbs Up

A splendid chap always helpful. I've bought loads of parts from Pete and others at DK, always helpful.

Pete
petearis
Expert

Postby Oddnedod » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:41 pm

Been over to D&K loads of times,(15miles from me) Pete knows his stuff, I only ever deal with him.
The others who work on the phones for the spares are'nt that clued up, their attitude is just business!
Pete takes his time to make sure the part is the correct part for what you want, if there are more than
one,you can make sure you get the best one.Ok its different if your buying straight off ebay,you get
what they send you.
Oddnedod
Expert

Postby Craig T » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm

Sending wrong parts could be a genuine mistake but not replying to emails & phone calls etc is inexcusable.
I've got no axe to grind with DK. As long as you see them as a business out to make money and treat them as such........They are not out to do you a favour BUT they should still give good customer service.
If you get chance to walk through their spares store at some point it is worth the experience, ...totally mind boggling. How they find anything is a complete mystery to me. I've had a few bikes off them and some spares,..... all went without a hitch I much say..........however, they do piss me off considerably with their pricing strategy .. i.e......think of a number and double it.....then, when it doesn't sell, start an auction at 99p with a similarly massive reserve.....
I guess there must be enough rich idiots out there who fall for it....
Craig T
Inter

Postby Tilly H2C » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:12 pm

Oddnedod wrote:Been over to D&K loads of times,(15miles from me) Pete knows his stuff, I only ever deal with him.
The others who work on the phones for the spares are'nt that clued up, their attitude is just business!
Pete takes his time to make sure the part is the correct part for what you want, if there are more than
one,you can make sure you get the best one.Ok its different if your buying straight off ebay,you get
what they send you.

But in fairness to DK I wanted some obscure screws out of the Master cyl and clutch perch, I saw them on some of their ebay sales items and next time I was close popped in to see if they would swap th screws for me , they wouldn't as the photos would then not reflect the item 100%

But they did allow me to look through their 'stock' which yielded the desired parts :)
Tilly H2C

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.