MOT ON NEW REGISTRATIONS (Form V55)

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

MOT ON NEW REGISTRATIONS (Form V55)

Postby Craig T » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:12 am

Seems the MOT on historic vehicles thing is slowly sorting itself out but does anyone know if you need an MOT to first register a (historic, unmodified) import??
Ta
C.
Craig T

Re: MOT ON NEW REGISTRATIONS (Form V55)

Postby Doctorpayday » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:40 am

Yes I'm afraid

The verification of frame number is inputted by the MOT tester.

Doc
No Poke without Smoke.
Doctorpayday
Expert

Postby Craig T » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:21 am

Thanks Doc...I suspect you are probably right.....the frame verification is a good point..although I did send photos of it to get a dating letter

in the meantime, ..just got this from DVLA.....

Dear Mr Taylor,

Thank you for your enquiry received on 11/6/2018.
Your case reference number is 00651377.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us in relation to this matter.?

Vehicles that are over 40 years old are exempt from testing providing that the vehicle has not been substantially altered within the last 30 years.

Keepers of vehicles that fall in to this category should make a declaration when registering the vehicle using a application form V112 along with the details outlined in our previous email. The responsibility to ensure the vehicle meets the criteria rests with the vehicle keeper. If they cannot determine that the vehicle has not been substantially altered, they should not claim an exemption from the MOT test.

Please note, this change does not affect pre-1960 vehicles. These vehicles will still be exempt due to the fact that they were manufactured prior to 1960.

These changes only apply to vehicles in Great Britain; the changes will not apply to vehicles in Northern Ireland.

I hope this information provides a further insight for you.
[/i]
Craig T

Postby Richard H » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Applied to register 4 Kawasaki’s all USA models declared them mot exempt got 4 V5C documents back last week applied to register another 2 more now they want to inspect these 2
Richard H

Postby johnnymoped » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 am

I've just sent one off - with an MOT certificate among all the other paperwork.
My understanding is that you need an MOT to register.
johnnymoped
Expert

Postby Richard H » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 pm

I expected to have to mot test for first application but got my first four done on exemption certificate however next ones I have applied for are taking for ever to come back and they want to inspect 2 of them I can only imagine they are overwhelmed with applications now and looks like they may be referring some for inspection just to buy some time long term I don’t see them allowing you to first register vehicles without mot test
Richard H

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.