the dreaded coronavirus subject

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

Re: the dreaded coronavirus subject

Postby Mitsui Spy » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 pm

Tony_d123 wrote:
Rubbadub wrote:never ascribe to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence.

ehh?

:lol: :lol:
Mitsui Spy
Expert

Postby scouse » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 am

Interesting reading through this thread
So nearly 6 months to my first post, I still have a job, I had 128 days off work, although I'm back at work, it's on a as and when needed basis, I've had 2 days off this week, we only have 70% of our customers open and they have asked for voluntary redundancies, after which they will issue redundancy notices.
I think they might hold off until the end of the furlough scheme, but we'll have to wait and see

Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby Tony_d123 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 am

scouse wrote:.... after which they will issue redundancy notices.
I think they might hold off until the end of the furlough scheme, but we'll have to wait and see
Gary T

Yes, I think the end of October will be a very tough time, with a lot of companies having to let people go and the resultant financial crash. Brace yourself folks.
Tony_d123
Expert

Postby Craig T » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:43 am

Yeh, going to be tough for some, although it seems some sectors have been untouched and indeed some are expanding. We do quite a lot of technical work for the theatre industry and despite the gloom and doom on the news, work is really starting to pickup again. The recent surge in cases is a bit worrying though...hope that doesn't put the brakes on again !!! :( :(
Craig T
Expert

Postby Craig T » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:00 pm

Went to Normous Newark today and it was Normous........BUT also pretty scary.
Social distancing...what a joke...more like "situation normal".
Groups of four or five walking side by side down the rows...how the f**k are you supposed to get round them. Are people just dumb or got very short memories.
Apart from a few signs around the place and a couple marshals at the big hall checking on masks, it was a free for all.
Not good enough I'm afraid. I'll be taking it up with Mortons Media, the organisers..

Doesn't bode well for Stafford where the rows are quite a bit closer together.Hmmmmmmmm :x :x
Craig T
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 pm

People seem to think Coronavirus has gone away, very few people seem to give you much social distancing at all :shock:

I got the Stafford Show email the other week and instantly thought 'f*** that', I'm not going anywhere were its likely to be crowded
Tilly H2C
Expert

Postby Eric » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:52 am

We are are seeing more cases locally now than first time round but we did not have the crowds we have now this is going to be a real bad one very few are heeding the warnings we should be locked down immediately . Crait T I don`t understand you you went to Newark show common sense should have told you stay away. Did you leave straight away when you saw the situation?
Eric
Expert

Previous

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.