the dreaded coronavirus subject

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

Re: the dreaded coronavirus subject

Postby Nigel S » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:20 pm

Wolfie wrote:Janey bought me some coffee from our local village shop bless her little cotton socks.. So I'll survive too..

She did say that there were no toilet rolls there either.. What is it about toilet rolls? I don't think Covid gives you the shits does it?

I think most toilet roll is made in n China. Then comes to UK in bulk form.
Ever started something you wish you had'nt.
Nigel S
Expert

Postby gsxrtriple » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:45 am

and that don't last long
gsxrtriple
Expert

Postby gsxrtriple » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:49 am

scouse wrote:
Craig T wrote:
Wessiedave wrote:I'm going for herd immunity, once this thing plateaus I suspect only the vulnerable will be self isolating , we'll get back to living, maybe.

Total agree. Isolate all the vulnerable and pour all the resources into protecting them. With the current £330 Bilion budget that would fund a pretty impressive support scheme !.
Then let everyone else get the bug and carry on. Yes there will be some deaths but probably no more than die of flu every year anyway....currently averaging around 17,000 in the UK. In a few weeks it would all be over and the bulk of the population would have immunity thereby vastly reducing the risk of a reoccurrence.

As for stock-piling, we need to urgently develop a blame and shame culture. Scowl at anyone with multiple purchases or trollies pilled high. Maybe employ the millions of school kids who will now be roaming the streets to hang around supermarkets and shame the adults.
If it continues as it is I can see it turning nasty.

I think a few weeks is an underestimate, I would say 2 months
Speaking in our office at work today we know someone who knows someone who had it in November (because of his line of work he was tested ) so it's been in the UK for a while

Gary T

well I had a heart attack on 31st January whilst in hospital got pneumonia high temp constant coughing maybe ive had it wasent tested for it though
gsxrtriple
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:16 am

It's nice to see the Great British tradition of pulling together during a crisis, this now has another trait or behavior added which is called

''F*** you Jack i'm alright''.............. :shock:
Tilly H2C
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:10 am

There was an advert on the radio this morning it said.. " the British are renowned for their "keep calm and carry on" attitude.. (Vauxhall I think it was) I had the biggest laff of the day so far..
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby Luke Sharp » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:24 am

Nigel S wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Janey bought me some coffee from our local village shop bless her little cotton socks.. So I'll survive too..

She did say that there were no toilet rolls there either.. What is it about toilet rolls? I don't think Covid gives you the shits does it?

Therein lies the problem Nigel, most toilet paper does not come from China, and is in fact made here in the UK. We have massive amounts of the raw materials, the paper manufacturing plants, and clearly a market. I doubt it would even be cost effective to import from China such a low-cost commodity product? Check the packets.
Luke Sharp
Expert

Postby SAM » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Luke Sharp wrote:
Nigel S wrote:

Therein lies the problem Nigel, most toilet paper does not come from China, and is in fact made here in the UK. We have massive amounts of the raw materials, the paper manufacturing plants, and clearly a market. I doubt it would even be cost effective to import from China such a low-cost commodity product? Check the packets.

Sometime back working in sainsbury the bulk of their toilet paper came from Spain.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Olde Coney » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Click this link and you will see where toilet paper is manufactured in the U.K Thumbs Up

https://www.google.com/search?q=toilet+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young.
Olde Coney
Expert

Postby Treeman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 pm

Another knock on effect I have noticed whilst riding around London this past week and a half is that, although there are far fewer cars, the standard of driving has fallen even lower (just when you thought it was not possible). It is as though a large percentage of drivers are 'Sunday driver' types - I even had one driving towards me on the wrong side of the road yesterday :shock: . Either that or people are shitting themselves thanks to the Brexit starved press and not thinking straight :roll:
Thats not heavenly two stroke smoke crossing the skys...thats the government contracted aircraft 'secretly' spraying us all with Chemtrails...look into it before its toooooo late! .............Oh, it is too late
Treeman
Expert

Postby SAM » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:20 pm

Roads quite good round here. Took oly my z900 out. Less traffic for sure.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby TallyB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:00 pm

well I had a heart attack on 31st January whilst in hospital got pneumonia high temp constant coughing maybe ive had it wasent tested for it though

Hope you are on the mend now. Thumbs Up
There is no such thing as bad drink, just some better than others.
TallyB
Expert

Postby gotz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:31 pm

From tomorrow onwards I will only be able to sell take away coffees. The social chat with friends around a table is forbidden. Sadly I can not claim for business disruption on my insurance policy as Mr Johnson still allows me to trade. Now when Mr Johnson orders me to shut shop my insurance will still not pay as the closure is due to communial illness. All the shit we hear on TV is hot farts against the prevailing wind.

That brings me to the 320 billion rescue package. The bank of England will provide loans to the banks. The banks in turn will offer the loans to businesses in need. The banks will charge interest on the loans and require some form of security. In my case it would be my home. If I would default repayment my home would be at risk. Many borrowers will default in due trime.I think I am not wrong to call this asset grabbing to balance the government books,

NOW I want you to understand the difference between 1 million and 1 billion.
Imagine you earn £1 every second..it will take it will take 11.5 days to get 1 million…..

TO GET 1 billion £ it will take 31 years !!

So we are at ! billion pounds in 31 years... That means if we repay the STATE 320 billion pounds at £1 A SECOND it will take 9920 years,

ABSOLUTE LUNANCY
Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
gotz
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:50 pm

I was thinking just the opposite Treeman, I thought the standard had actually risen around here.. Hopefully all the knobheads are so careless in everything else too that they are laid low with Covid.
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby scouse » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:13 am

Wessiedave wrote:I'm going for herd immunity, once this thing plateaus I suspect only the vulnerable will be self isolating , we'll get back to living, maybe.

I seriously think that's what Boris is looking at
He'll shut pubs and clubs when the time is right too early and it won't work
He's waiting for the right moment.
Either way ithe country was borrowing more than it earned before this outbreak
We'll all be right royaly screwed when we get through this
Oh and Liverpool will still win the league :D
Gary T
Boffin in a coffin
scouse
Expert

Postby Tilly H2C » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:07 am

scouse wrote:

Gary T

Lets hope so on the Liverpool/premier league, although must admit its not been an enjoyable experience watching them this last couple of months
Tilly H2C
Expert

Postby Kezsam1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

scouse wrote:

Gary T

Liverpool, Only been isolating 1 day Gary and already with the crazy talk :mrgreen:
Orville lives!!!.................now and then
Kezsam1
Expert

Postby malc87 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:29 am

Proably SAVED Liverpool and Celtic!
They would both have LOST all the rest of there games and some other team would have been champions in England (who cares) and more importantly RANGERS would have been Scottish champions :D
LOOKS like RANGERS have been robbed!! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
malc87
Expert

Postby SAM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:19 pm

That's almost as funny as the homeless man on the iom arrested for not self isolation! :lol:
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Windy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm

Personally, i was days away from having my operation for a knackered knee (waited 15 months due to dvt in the same leg). I have to limp on for god knows how long now. Still better limping than dead.

Keep safe folks

Windy
Windy
Expert

Postby Windy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm

Joke

I asked my wife to put on a nurses uniform...

"Why are you feeling horney?"

"No, were out of bread"
Windy
Expert

Postby Tartan Triple » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:04 pm

we are on day ten now, and its getting stricter, one hour only out the house daily, and no further than one klm, with your permit sighed dated, and the time you leave the house, and the reason why, there are no trains, no planes, Ryanair touched down at Brest, the only flight of the day, refuelled and left, airport shut now. The confinement was meant to be for 15 days, but it is possible it may continue until the end of April, Gendarmes every where.

I have watched in horror, Captain Manwarring, dither and delay to shut things down in the UK here, we were given an instruction, the UK, advice, big difference, medical advice!! lorry loads of dead should give advice! No construction, nothing other than medical and food supplies, and no panic buying here, shopping trollies disinfected after each use, only 20 in a supermarket at a time,
The upside of shutting every thing down, especialy aircraft, is that the world is getting brighter, global dimming is reduced from lack of water droplets from aircraft emissions, not reflecting light back into space, so it is warmer during the day, and colder at night, just look at the sky without aircraft!!
Tartan Triple
Expert

Postby Barrie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:17 pm

It's nice isn't it?
I don't remember no planes in the air since early the 60's, and they say pollution is caused mainly by cars, nuts!
Barrie
Expert

PreviousNext

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.