Running on two cylinders

Any triple related issues, topics or stories then POST THEM HERE.......

Running on two cylinders

Postby Bic_Bicknell » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:55 am

You may have noticed that I've been a bit quiet lately without posts on riding much. And I had to miss the NW again this year :(

Been having issues with health and no energy, getting out of breath and feeling knackered all the time. Anyway been having loads of tests and they have worked out that it's my heart and it isn't pumping properly and is very erratic. I can only understand things in terms of an engine so my CDI box is damaged, spark is weak, and I have very low compression on one cylinder. Told last night that I am only working at two-thirds of normal.

So basically I'm running on two cylinders! Ha ha

That I can understand!!!!

(They are going to fix me. I need a Lakeland box, a rebore on the middle pot, new rings, plugs and some better two-stoke oil to thin the petrol down. Then I need some additive to stop lumps of crap in the tank block up the carbs and I have to take a pill that apparently makes my petrol tap leak all night). :)
Bic_Bicknell
Expert

Re: Running on two cylinders

Postby garry,l » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:00 am

Does your Doctor recommend Fully, Semi synthetic or mineral oil?...

:D
garry,l
Expert

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:31 am

Semi synthetic I would think but if it needs to be thinner fully synthetic. Perhaps a new oil line maybe needed. :(
Eric
Expert

Postby MickTriple » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:31 am

Get better soon Bic, definitely sounds like leaky crankcase seals to me Thumbs Up
MickTriple
Inter

Postby SAM » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Get sorted Dave. Catch up soon at next rally.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Wolfie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:04 pm

garry,l wrote:Does your Doctor recommend Fully, Semi synthetic or mineral oil?...

:D

Or maybe, just "well oiled" >10% ABV? Thumbs Up

Take care and hope to see you back out and about soon.
I used to be a werewolf, but I'm alright nooooowwwwwww!!
Wolfie
Site Admin

Location: North, South or East Yorks. We're the Elawi. (Selby)

Postby gotz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Hope that heli coils in your oil lines will do the trick.Get better soon.
Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.
gotz
Expert

Postby Tartan Triple » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Bic_Bicknell wrote:You may have noticed that I've been a bit quiet lately without posts on riding much. And I had to miss the NW again this year :(

Been having issues with health and no energy, getting out of breath and feeling knackered all the time. Anyway been having loads of tests and they have worked out that it's my heart and it isn't pumping properly and is very erratic. I can only understand things in terms of an engine so my CDI box is damaged, spark is weak, and I have very low compression on one cylinder. Told last night that I am only working at two-thirds of normal.

So basically I'm running on two cylinders! Ha ha

That I can understand!!!!

(They are going to fix me. I need a Lakeland box, a rebore on the middle pot, new rings, plugs and some better two-stoke oil to thin the petrol down. Then I need some additive to stop lumps of crap in the tank block up the carbs and I have to take a pill that apparently makes my petrol tap leak all night). :)

no need to worry, I had my oil pump helicoiled and sealed, works fine, running thinner oil now and works a treat, main shaft working well with no blue pills, don't worry, once the two stroke doc get into the internals, all will be fine, Dr cranckshaft I think was the name of the surgeon, arrived with 5ltr of two stroke and a big press!!! Thumbs Up 8)
Tartan Triple
Expert

Return to All Things 'Triple' Related.