Kickstart Spring re-manufactured

Any Bikes, Parts or Accessories you are Hunting for, want to Trade or Sell. Post them here........

Kickstart Spring re-manufactured

Postby Collyolly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:17 am

Hi all, recently I needed a replacement kickstart spring for my triple and the only source was to purchase a complete kickstart shaft assembly and nick the spring - cost me £40
I have had a U.K. spring manufacturer quote on supplying a replacement in batches of 10 and 50, price each from a batch of 10 off delivered to you inclusive of V.A.T would be £25 and from the batch of 50 would be £10.
Any interest ?
Collyolly
Inter

Re: Kickstart Spring re-manufactured

Postby SAM » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:58 am

£10 sounds good. I will have one if you get enough interest.
THREES MORE FUN
SAM
Expert

Postby Hal » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:38 pm

That sounds good value to me Collyolly, but I'm a bit surprised you sought this route as it sort of contradicts your stated ethos on those gear sets. Perhaps you are getting braver already? :D :D

Yes I spotted this set of gears last week but one of the numbers is not as per my parts list and is the price too good to be true ?
I hope to go down the route of using original parts rather than risking a copy of unknown quality. ( Maybe I am chicken, but after you !)
Hal
Expert

Postby Collyolly » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:19 pm

You are right about me preferring the original parts but numerous sources say these springs have been unavailable for a long time. The re-manufactured item will be as close as possible to the original, of course it has been assumed that only standard Spring steel has been used and not some sort of unobtainable alloy from 1972 !
As for the gear set, I have now got a set of H1 gears and was ready to use them then the possibility of using original H2 gears came up. If you are able to compare the two sets side by side you will see the H2 teeth are significantly bigger than H1, I can only assume they did this for a reason and since the rest of my box is already undercut and looks mint that's the route I am hoping to take.
( I also reserve the right to change my mind ) :D
Collyolly
Inter

Postby Neil the Don » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:15 am

Collyolly wrote:You are right about me preferring the original parts but numerous sources say these springs have been unavailable for a long time. The re-manufactured item will be as close as possible to the original, of course it has been assumed that only standard Spring steel has been used and not some sort of unobtainable alloy from 1972 !
As for the gear set, I have now got a set of H1 gears and was ready to use them then the possibility of using original H2 gears came up. If you are able to compare the two sets side by side you will see the H2 teeth are significantly bigger than H1, I can only assume they did this for a reason and since the rest of my box is already undercut and looks mint that's the route I am hoping to take.
( I also reserve the right to change my mind ) :D

I would take 10 Collyolly.
Neil the Don
Expert

Postby ACS International » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi, I'd take a couple.
Ade
ACS International
Inter

Return to Swap, Sell or Wanted