Future Jurby Festivals suspended......

Anything & Everything about Events, Shows & Rallies inside or outside the UK.....

Future Jurby Festivals suspended......

Postby malc87 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:31 pm

VMCC Isle of Man JURBY Festival ( SUSPENDED )

The 10th annual Festival of Jurby once again proved very successful so thank you for the continued support from our committee, volunteers and to all who attended on the day.
Of course, an event of this scale takes a tremendous amount of organisation, which for many years has been done by a small committee getting together just weeks after the previous event took place to start gearing up for the next summer. However, after being in position since the festival was established in 2009, a number of the organising committee have made the tough decided to stand down.
As the event grows, we are seeing heavier regulation come into effect, and responsibilities grow to surpass the capability of the small team that organises the event. Keeping riders safe is our utmost concern and in the current climate we’re facing additional uncertainties with insurance for any non-Manx riders given changes to EU Medical Cards. Consequently, and pending professional advice, the committee has reluctantly, and with regret, decided to suspend the Festival until further notice.
The Vintage Motorcycle Club has always looked at ways to promote the island’s strong history with motorcycling and the tremendous machines many of our members lovingly restore and care for, and for the past decade of the Festival of Jurby has celebrated this perfectly.
Our commitment to promoting vintage motorbikes on and off island remains as strong as ever, and the committee with be continuing with the many events we organise throughout the year, including the Manx Rally, however this is a perfect time to reflect and refocussing our efforts to look at new events.
VMCC Festival of Jurby Committee
malc87
Expert

Re: Future Jurby Festivals suspended......

Postby fnuseless » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:38 pm

Sad to hear {well read} :( :( :(
Who was in My control panel!!!!!!
fnuseless
Expert

Postby Olde Coney » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:20 am

Sadly this scenario is occurring all too frequently, rising costs with insurances and regulations etc., which are aimed to improve safety of those involved, are actually destroying many long standing events, it's a sign of the times I'm afraid :(
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young.
Olde Coney
Expert

Postby Mitsui Spy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:38 am

Oh FFS! H&S, Insurance, Regulations, Legislation. I HATE IT. :x :x :x Feel for the organisers though.
Mitsui Spy
Expert

Postby Tony_d123 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am

Olde Coney wrote:Sadly this scenario is occurring all too frequently, rising costs with insurances and regulations etc., which are aimed to improve safety of those involved, are actually destroying many long standing events, it's a sign of the times I'm afraid :(

I don't think that it's the regulation as much as the fact that it has become difficult to organise for a small VMCC section. There were mutterings this year about the absence of management on the ground.
It has become a victim of it's own success.
Tony_d123
Expert

Postby Aardvark » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Time for the organisers of the Classic TT to step in.
I for one enjoy Jurby day just as much as the races. I think if they let this go, it will put a certain number off from attending the festival.

Aardvark
Aardvark
Expert

Postby Olde Coney » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:46 am

Tony_d123 wrote:
Olde Coney wrote:Sadly this scenario is occurring all too frequently, rising costs with insurances and regulations etc., which are aimed to improve safety of those involved, are actually destroying many long standing events, it's a sign of the times I'm afraid :(

I don't think that it's the regulation as much as the fact that it has become difficult to organise for a small VMCC section. There were mutterings this year about the absence of management on the ground.
It has become a victim of it's own success.

Agreed Tony,

It has been a combination of a lot of contributing factors that have ended a number of road race events here in N.I..... the Mid Antrim 150 springs to mind

Some clubs have been able to handle the extra 'requirements' better than others :D
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young.
Olde Coney
Expert

Return to Rallies, Shows & Events